Returning Hearts Celebration
SAVE THE DATE - May 15-16, 2020
Louisiana State Penitentiary, Angola, Louisiana
At the Returning Hearts Celebration, volunteers help make it possible for inmate fathers to spend the day with their children.
It is a time for laughing, talking, playing games, eating together -- and hearing about God’s love.
Be a part of the Returning Hearts Celebration on Saturday, May 16 at the Louisiana State Penitentiary. Come on Friday, May 15 for training and for the Malachi Dads Graduation.
REGISTRATION BEGINS IN EARLY JANUARY 2020!
Nearly 3 million children in the United States have a parent in jail or prison. Children of inmates are five to seven times more likely to end up in prison than their peers. Lifeline Global addresses the problem at the spiritual level. Lasting transformation is the result.
The Returning Hearts Celebration offers inmate fathers the opportunity to take the necessary steps toward reconciliation. This fun-filled carnival-like day gives the fathers and children a day to laugh, cry, play, hug and “feel like a real parent again.”
We need volunteers to make this special day happen! Registration begins in January.
Questions? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 224.231.0234
"Irreplaceable", is what one dad calls the Returning Hearts Celebration. Watch the 1 min video:
Questions about Returning Hearts Celebration?
Click on the link:
A Day Like No Other
The Returning Hearts Celebration event provides an environment and opportunity for reconciliation.
Returning Hearts Celebration is an event that unites children and their fathers and mothers for an unforgettable day of games, food, relationship building and Bible teaching. For one day each year, fathers and mothers can be real parents to their children.
Most importantly, the inmate parent is given the opportunity to reconcile with their child by asking for their forgiveness and inviting them to accept Christ’s offer of salvation This begins the healing process, breaking the power of sin and the cycle of crime.
Returning Hearts Celebrations are run and managed by local churches. If you would like more information about starting a Celebration in your area, contact us today!
- Returning Hearts is a celebration to bring children into prison to meet with their incarcerated parent.
- Parents are instructed that God expects them to reach out and teach their children about Christ.
- The gospel message is presented before the conclusion of the celebration, and the inmates are prompted to talk with their children about becoming a Christ follower.
- The incarcerated parent is encouraged to complete Lifeline materials and understand the reason for having this celebration. It gives the inmate parent tools to reach out to their children.
- Hosting ministries/churches should spend time prior to the Returning Hearts Celebration with the inmate parent teaching them how to share the Gospel with their children as well as teaching them how to ask for forgiveness.
- To participate in the Lifeline programs (Malachi Dads/Hannah's Gift)
Be an example to their children by exhibiting good behavior