Returning Hearts Celebration
The Returning Hearts Celebration Registration is Now Open!
May 18, 2019 at Angola Prison (Louisiana State Penitentiary)
Each person signing up should do so separately, as individual attendees.
Nearly 3 million children in the United States have a parent in jail or prison. Children of inmates are five to seven times more likely to end up in prison than their peers. Lifeline Global addresses the problem at the spiritual level. Lasting transformation is the result.
The Returning Hearts Celebration offers inmate fathers the opportunity to take the necessary steps toward reconciliation. This fun-filled carnival-like day gives the fathers and children a day to laugh, cry,
play, hug and “feel like a real parent again.”
We need volunteers to make this special day happen!
To sign up to volunteer, click on RHC Registration link, near the top of this page.
Questions? Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 224.231.0234
Downloadable Info Here
Click on each link to download...
"Irreplaceable", is what one dad calls the Returning Hearts Celebration. Watch the 1 min video:
A Day Like No Other
The Returning Hearts Celebration event provides an environment and opportunity for reconciliation.
Returning Hearts Celebration is an event that unites children and their fathers and mothers for an unforgettable day of games, food, relationship building and Bible teaching. For one day each year, fathers and mothers can be real parents to their children.
Most importantly, the inmate parent is given the opportunity to reconcile with their child by asking for their forgiveness and inviting them to accept Christ’s offer of salvation This begins the healing process, breaking the power of sin and the cycle of crime.
Returning Hearts Celebrations are run and managed by local churches. If you would like more information about starting a Celebration in your area, contact us today!
- Returning Hearts is a celebration to bring children into prison to meet with their incarcerated parent.
- Parents are instructed that God expects them to reach out and teach their children about Christ.
- The gospel message is presented before the conclusion of the celebration, and the inmates are prompted to talk with their children about becoming a Christ follower.
- The incarcerated parent is encouraged to complete Lifeline materials and understand the reason for having this celebration. It gives the inmate parent tools to reach out to their children.
- Hosting ministries/churches should spend time prior to the Returning Hearts Celebration with the inmate parent teaching them how to share the Gospel with their children as well as teaching them how to ask for forgiveness.
- To participate in the Lifeline programs (Malachi Dads/Hannah's Gift)
Be an example to their children by exhibiting good behavior